Thursday, July 29, 2010

RUSSIAN TEA CAKES (SNOWBALLS/BUTTERBALLS)

The first time I made butter balls was with my friend and neighbor Cathy F. She lived on second floor and I lived on first. We used to bake quite a bit because our children were small and loved baked surprises. She had 4 and I had 2 children. We used to bake for PTA cake sales too...we had lots of fun together. I hope you enjoy this recipe and maybe you can make them with a friend....bake wonderful memories together!!

Oven 400 F makes 4 dozen

Mix: 1 cup soft butter
1/2 cup sifted confectionery sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift and stir in: 2 1/4 cups sifted flour
1/4 tsp. salt.

Mix in: 3/4 cups finely chopped nuts.

Chill dough, roll in 1" balls and place 2 1/2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 min. Do not let them get brown. While still warm, roll in confectionery sugar. Cool and roll again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment