Tuesday, July 13, 2010

CHICKEN FINGERS

I have had this recipe for 31 years. This was given to me by an old friend...written on a recipe card by my then 6 year old daughter, Karen. Made it once and never saw it again. Now that I'm blogging my favorite recipes I decided to make them last week. Jonathan, Kristopher and Kara had dinner with us and I didn't know what to make. I had bought 10 lbs of chicken tenders so out came the recipe.

These chicken fingers went over so big with the Boys....they could not get enough of them. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

This is for 1 lb of chicken tenders or pieces of chicken:

2 eggs
1/2 cup sifted flour.
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsps. melted shortening (Crisco)
dash of garlic powder and/or any other season you may want.

Wash the chicken and put aside.
Beat eggs for 1 minute on medium speed.
Add milk, sifted dry ingredients, season and shortening. Beat at low speed until well blended.
Batter should be thick like pancake mix. Coat the chicken and deep fry until golden brown.

Here is a trick that I use because I am always afraid that the chicken is not cooked well enough. I quick fry them in frying pan on both sides. Then I place them in an oven at 350 for about 20 minutes. This will give you time to gather everything else that you are serving with them and you don't have to be concerned if the chicken is cooked or not.

***If you are using small pieces of chicken you will probably want to eliminate the oven. They should cook well enough in the Deep Fryer.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my age with everyone mom! LOL I'm going to make these, I'm sure the girls will like them too, well at least Holly will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome....I didn't give you last name...LOL

    ReplyDelete