Monday, April 26, 2010

Quick Chicken Dinner

Today was a crazy day...worked most of the day. We got home late and Jack and I were both starving. I did have the insight this morning to thaw out chicken breasts. Here is how I prepared them. It took only 30 minutes.

1 package of chicken breast
Red onion
two small potatoes - diced
roasted peppers
cooking spray (Pam)
oil
salt
pepper
Mrs. Dash
Preheat a large skillet. Brown them quickly in a large skillet...I used a cooking spray to brown them. After browning them I added a red onion slices, diced potatoes and seasonings. I added 1/4 cup of canola, salt, fresh ground pepper and Mrs. Dash original seasoning. Let this all cook covered for 10 minutes checking it constantly. Remove the chicken when done so that it doesn't get dry. Cover it with aluminum foil and put aside. Finish sauteing the potatoes and onions. When potatoes are tender, they are done. Return the chicken to the skillet and add roasted peppers. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes.
This meal is done in one skillet, easy clean-up and it should only take 30 minutes total.
YUMMY! Serve alone or with a tossed salad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment