Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Very First Blog & Grandma's Homemade Pizza

Good morning everyone! Last night my grandson Kristopher and I decided it was time for Grandma to start her blog. We thought very hard as to what the blog should be about, and Kristopher's answer was " Blog about being a Grandmother, giving advise, doing fun things with grandchildren, making PIZZA and other good stuff". He is special but so are my three other grandchildren: Jonathan, Holly, and Allison. I love them to death! So here goes my first recipe for the day.

Grandma's Pizza

One pound of dough - I prefer Calise & Sons Bakery dough, but any dough will do.
Let it rise until it doubles in size.

Coat your pizza pan with Crisco. This will help the dough stay in place..

Drizzle olive oil around the edges and put it aside.

Next: prepare the sauce. I prefer Pastene chunk style kitchen ready tomatoes. One can will make at least two pizzas.

In a medium size bowl, combine tomatoes, teaspoon of oregano, sprinkle minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar and 1 table spoon of Olive Oil. Mix it well. You will also need toppings. I usually make pepperoni with mozzarella cheese for the kids. Spread the sauce on the dough. Then add the mozzarella cheese evenly over the sauce. The more the better. Top it all off with Pepperoni. Bake in 425 oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Start checking it after 15 minutes, some ovens cook quicker than others, especially electric ovens.
Let it set and cool for about 10 minutes after taking it out of the oven. Enjoy!

I make pizza with many different toppings.

One of the favorites is with Cento Anchovies and hot peppers with grated cheese.

In my next blog I will discuss making white pizza with yummy toppings!


ps: If you try this recipe, please let me know how it turns out.

4 comments:

  1. I am so all over this pizza recipe as I prefer to make it at home..thanks and good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, I will be posting more pizza recipes very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog! I like anchovies and red pepper flakes on my pizza too, yum!

    ReplyDelete