Monday, May 10, 2010

WHITE PIZZA

Some of the recipes that I will be sharing with you from time to time will be of my Auntie Etta's and my sister Teresa's who are no longer with us. They left behind wonderful memories that are burned into my heart and food that makes my mouth water every time I think of it.
This particular pizza was one of my sister Teresa's favorite, and lucky for me I watched her make it! She was a few years older but we were very close. She would make this pizza for me so that I wouldn't have to go through all the trouble making it.
Okay! Here we go...you will need:

Pizza dough
Olive Oil
Potatoes
1 clove of garlic
oregano
salt
1 sweet onion

Directions:

Let the dough rise until it doubles.

Coat your pizza pan with Crisco and spread the dough, make sure not to poke holes in it.

Brush olive oil over the entire pizza dough with a pastry brush.

Next, thinly slice potatoes (you can used canned pealed potatoes or part boil one).

Next finely dice a clove of garlic. (You can used minced garlic)

Using a food mandolin, thinly slice a sweet onion.

Once the toppings are ready, begin by lightly sprinkling oregano on the pizza. Layer thin slices potatoes with onions. Sprinkle in the garlic. Now drizzle olive oil all over the ingredients, and add a light layer of oregano and salt.

Bake in 350 to 400 degree oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. Check after 10 minutes because all ovens vary.

Let cool for a few minutes, slice and ENJOY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment