Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Veal Stew and Veal & Peas

My mother always told me not to go food shopping when you are HUNGRY. Very bad thing to do. Well, I never listened when it came to food shopping. So, yesterday I decided to go to a food warehouse. I went there because they were having a sale on ground sirloin. Guess what? They were out of it. So instead I bought chicken tenders (20 lbs.) frozen cod fish, and frozen chunks of Veal among many other items. I should have listened to my Mother’s advise. Anyhow the Veal was frozen ( all 5 lbs of it) so I thawed it out overnight. I could not wait to cook it, I could taste it…..

This morning I decided to make Veal & Peas and Veal Stew. Here is how I make it.

a. First sauté a large onion in a large skillet. Add the Veal hunks, salt, pepper and let is simmer. Add a cup of wine, any flavor, and let it simmer about 5 more minutes.

I separated the Veal so that I could make both dishes.

Veal & Peas

In a large Crock Pot place the amount of Veal chunks desired

Add at least one can of small peas (frozen or canned)

1 can of Pastene Kitchen Ready tomatoes

3 cans of Hunt’s Tomatoes Sauce

1 can of Chicken Broth

Salt and pepper to taste.

Cook on High for 4 ½ hrs.

Veal Stew

Place the Veal chunks in another large Crock Pot

Add one can of Pastene Kitchen Ready tomatoes

One can of chicken broth

One can of sliced carrots

One can of string beans

Sautéed celery chopped

Sautéed onions chopped

4 medium potatoes cut into small chunks.

Salt & Pepper to taste.

Cook on High for 4 ½ hrs.

Yummy…..

We had it for dinner, of course I had to have both with some nice Italian bread to dunk in the sauce.

Oh by the way, they are getting their order tomorrow for Ground Sirloin....guess who's going back to the food warehouse?

0 comments:

Post a Comment